Introduction to Xiaogan City
Xiaogan gets its name from a moving legend which goes that in the East Han Dynasty, a pious but poor young man named Dong Yong was obliged to sell himself in order to bury his dead father, and his deed moved the heaven.
Xiaogan is situated in the northeast Hubei Province, to the east is "the thoroughfare of nine provinces"--Whuhan City, and the south--gate of He'nan Province--Xinyang City to the north, and to the west, ancient city --Xiangfan, Jinzhou, and motor-city--Shiyan.
Xiaogan, a newly-founded developing medium-sized city, now governs four county-level cities (Hanchuan, Yingcheng, Anlu and Guangshui), three counties (Yunmeng, Dawu and Xiaochang) and Xiaonan District. It covers an area of 11,600 sq. meters and has a population of 5.80 million, among which, the urban amount reaches 0.3 million.
Xiaogan has perfect foundations for economy development, such as the building-up of production bases of farm products with "high quality, large quantity and high efficiency", mass industry production leading with automobile, optics, electronics, new-type building materials, salt and phosphate chemical industries; flouring achievements of science and technology and education; complete facilities for culture and sports, sound organization for medical and health care; complete function for dining and entertainment. The market system and social welfare system have been preliminarily built to fit market-oriented economy. With good investment environment and favorable geographic position, Xiaogan has attracted 260 foreign-invested enterprises by means of sino-foreign joint venture, joint cooperation, and solely foreign venture, which have accelerated Xiaogan's economic development.
TXIAOGAN NEW HIGHTECH INDSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT ZONE
Geographically, Xiaogan occupies plain, hilly and mountainous areas from south to north, whose climate features advantages of both south and north region. With fertile soil and lots of lakes, Xiaogan is the important production basis of grain, cotton and oil, which produces many special agricultural and acquatic products being sold well all over China, such as Hanchuan lotus seeds, Anlu ginkgo fruits, Dawu chestnut, Jiyang garlic roots, Jiaohu lotus root, Qingshuihe crab and etc. The agricultural resources have wide potentiality to develop.
Xiaogan is rich in mineral resources which is known as the "capital of gypsum", "sea of salt" and "warehouse of phosphate", with deposits of 249 million tons, 280 billions tons and 172 million tons respectively. Apart from these treasures, Xiaogan City also has large quantity of gold, silver, manganese, nickel, quatize, mirabilite heavy rare-earth and etc. to mine.
Xiaogan is one of the birthplaces of china's Chu culture. The piety culture has a long history. All those beautiful and moving legends such as Dong Yong laboring as a slave to bury his dead father, Huang Xiang warming up the cold bedquilt with his own body warmth for his ill mother, and Meng Zong crying for the winter bamboo shoots to save his father with serious disease deeply move the younger generations. Xiaogan is richly endowed with tourist resources, in which, Shangfeng mountain, one of the State Forestry Parks, features large area, many scenic spots; Santan scenic spot in Guangshui dotted among the green covered mountain peaks and with pury, sweet spring water, the attractive Diaochahu Lake covered by lotus' leaves with fragrant lotus flowers blooming; the jade Girl Hotspring suitable for recuperation; Anlu Baizhao Mountain where the famous poet in Tang Dynasty Li Bai lived in seclusion with liquor for ten years; the remains of Chu King's town in Yunmeng; Dong Yong Park, Houhu Park in Xiaogan city proper being good for spending free time. The special products are famous all China, such as Xiaogan Malted Sesame Crisps, Yunmeng fishmeat flavored noodles, Xiaogan Rice Beverage, gypsum handicraft articles, health-care ginkgo pillows and other products.
1. Telecommunication: Numeral program-controlled telephones, fax and computers connecting with the international nets have already put into service. Mobile telephones and wireless pagers and other modern telecom facilities have been operated. Express mail delivery and other high-efficient post services can also be offered.
2. Power supply: Situated within the power network of Central China, Xiaogan has altogether 4 substations each with a capacity of 220 kV; 23 substations each with a capacity of 110 kV; 87 substations each with a capacity of 35 kV. Xiaogan city has the direct power supply from Hanchuan Thermal Power Plant with capacity of 1.2 million kW.
3. Highway: State Highways No. 107 (Beijing-Shenzhen) and No.316 (Fuzhou-Lanzhou) and Beijing-Zhuhai Expressway that is under construction cross in the city proper. A network of 214 provincial and inter-city highways links towns and villages. The density of highways ranks the first in Hubei Province.
4. Railway: Two railway lines from Beijing to Guangzhou and from Wuhan to Danjiangkou run across the city from north to south, and Anwei Railway line connects the above-said two lines from east to west. Chuanhan Railway line, which is under construction, crosses this region; the procedures of internal railway through transport can go through at Xiaogan railway goods yards.
5. Aviation: Xiaogan City proper is only 32 km away from Wuhan Tianhe International Airport, and is 59 km away from Wuhan Wangjiadun Airport, both with first-grade highways connected. The airports have opened regular routes to the large and medium-sized cities in China and HKSAR (Hong Kong Special Administrative Region).
6. Water transportation: Hanjiang River, Fuhe River, Hanhe River, Hanbeihe River and other Rivers in the city connect Yangtze River, reach all ports along Yangtze River.
7. Water Supply: Xiaogan has abundant surface and underground water resources, the urban has perfect facilities for water supply. There are two waterworks in the city proper with supplying capacity of 100,000 tons per day. Another waterworks with capacity of 300,000 tons per day is now under construction.
8. Finance: All kinds of banks in Xiaogan can offer convenient, safe, and rapid international business service such as foreign currency remittance and credit settlement and other services.
- Liaison: Liu Chengqing, Liu Hong
- Organization: Office of Administrative Committee of
- Utilizing Foreign Investmentof Xiaogan City
- Address: No.26 Chengzhan Rd. Xiaogan City, Hubei Province
- Post Code: 432100
- Tel: 86-712-2823714 Fax: 86-712-2824209
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org